|Event Date||Start - End Time||Location||Capacity||Availability|
|August 10 2021||3:30 pm - 4:45 pm||https://yorku.zoom.us/j/93531297670||---||---|
|August 31 2021||1:00 pm - 2:15 pm||https://yorku.zoom.us/j/93531297670||---||---|
This is a 75-minute session on delivering lectures during an online course.
The agenda for this session includes:
Lighting & Setup
- Guidance on how to look and sound professional
Designing Your Lectures
- Thinking about learning outcomes
- Considering student workload
- Finding a balance between synchronous and asynchronous delivery
Delivering Synchronous Lectures
- Creating community in your class
- Using Zoom’s features during lectures
- Adding security to Zoom sessions
- Using breakout rooms and polls during a lecture
- Measuring student participation
Delivering Asynchronous Lectures
- Recording a lecture through Zoom
- Using Echo360 for interactive lecture videos
- Creating a narrated PowerPoint slide deck
If you have questions about this session or ideas for future sessions on teaching online, you can submit a request here.
See you at the session!