At Schulich we use Canvas to support student-centred, inclusive and accessible learning experiences that allow students to actively engage with the instructor, course content and each other. Canvas is a market-leading Learning Management System used at schools across North America and Europe.
All undergraduate, graduate, PhD and executive degree program courses are now being delivered via Canvas. Now that everybody is “on” Canvas we continue working with instructors and admins to improve day-to-day administrative tasks and begin integrating quizzes, discussion forums and other interactive tools, where appropriate, to complement the face-to-face portion of Schulich classes.
Here’s where we’ll be focusing our efforts in the coming semester.
- Improving grade export feature
- Making it easier to quickly edit course dates
- Adding support for interactive video
- Adding support for secure computer-based assessment
- Sharing examples of innovative use of Canvas