This is a 75-minute session on delivering lectures at Schulich. The session will cover tips and tricks from other Schulich faculty, pedagogical guidance for lecture design, and key considerations for online lectures.
The agenda for this session includes:
Lighting & Setup for Remote Lectures
- Guidance on how to look and sound professional
Designing Your Lectures
- Thinking about learning outcomes
- Considering student workload
- Finding a balance between synchronous and asynchronous delivery
Delivering Synchronous Lectures
- Creating community in your class
- Using Zoom’s features during lectures
- Adding security to Zoom sessions
- Using breakout rooms and polls during a lecture
- Measuring student participation
Delivering Asynchronous Lectures
- Recording a lecture through Zoom
- Using Echo360 for interactive lecture videos
- Creating a narrated PowerPoint slide deck
If you have questions about this session or ideas for future sessions on teaching online, you can submit a request here.
See you at the session!