|Event Date||Start - End Time||Location||Capacity||Availability|
|April 14 2023||10:00 am - 11:15 am||Via Zoom||---||---|
|April 17 2023||1:00 pm - 2:15 pm||Via Zoom||---||---|
This is a 75-minute session on communicating with your class, grading in Canvas, and collecting feedback.
The agenda for this session includes:
- Posting whole class announcements in Canvas
- Sending targeted communications in Canvas
- Communicating with outlook and the Canvas inbox
Hosting Office Hours
- Setting up open and closed-door office hours on Zoom
- Scheduling closed-door office hours with Canvas appointment groups
Grading & Providing Feedback
- Overview of grading policies
- Providing effective feedback on assessments
- Managing the Canvas grade book
- Annotating submissions and providing feedback with Canvas’ Speedgrader
- Creating rubrics for transparent and efficient grading
- Collecting non-anonymous feedback with Canvas surveys
- Collecting anonymous feedback with Qualtrics
See you at the session!
If you have questions about this session or ideas for future sessions on teaching online, please submit them to https://itmedic.schulich.yorku.ca/servicePortal.