This session is on using Echo360, an interactive educational video platform, to host, create, and edit videos in your course. It will also review how to utilize Echo360’s student engagement features to increase interactivity in asynchronous video content.
The agenda for this session includes:
- Accessing and setting up Echo360 in Canvas
- Recording videos with Echo360’s lecture capture
- Adding a video to Echo360
- Editing videos with Echo360
- Creating assignments for video submissions
Adding Interactivity and Reviewing Student Participation with Echo360
- Posting discussion questions to videos
- Adding student engagement features to videos, including adding notes, flagging confusing sections of videos, and responding to discussion questions
- Attaching timestamped activity questions to videos
- Reviewing student activity data
- Creating assignments with Echo360 and linking them to Canvas gradebook
If you have questions about this session or ideas for future sessions on teaching online, please submit them to https://itmedic.schulich.yorku.ca/servicePortal.
See you at the session!