As a new member of the York University community, you first need to create and set up a Passport York account, which is the primary method of online authentication at York and Schulich.
How to sign-up:
1. You will receive two auto-emails from York Computing (UIT) with instructions for creating your Passport York account.
- Check your spam/junk folder if you don’t see these emails in your inbox.
- The two emails will also provide you with a temporary employee number and a temporary password respectively.
2. To start the self-create process, log in at mms.yorku.ca.
3. At the prompts, please enter the temporary employee number and the temporary password provided in the email.
4. Choose a User ID and create a new password.
- Note: When creating the Passport York account, an O365 Outlook/Exchange email address will simultaneously be created that will reflect the Passport York User ID selected in this step (i.e. PYUserID@yorku.ca).
- Shortly after your Passport York sign-up is complete, you will have access to the Office 365 portal via portal.office.com.
5. VERY Important:
**In order to complete your connection to, and to be recognized by, Schulich-specific applications, you will also need to be assigned an @schulich.yorku.ca alias.**
- Contact your administrative assistant providing both the PY User ID AND temporary employee number, who will make the request on your behalf.
- You will be advised by your administrative assistant when the @schulich.yorku.ca alias has been assigned.
**PLEASE BE SURE TO COMPLETE ALL OF THE ABOVE STEPS.**
Once you have completed all of the above steps, you will have two email addresses @yorku.ca and @schulich.yorku.ca. Both will be linked to one another.
Your Passport York credentials will allow access to:
|O365 Outlook Email
||AirYorkPLUS Wireless Network
||Canvas Learning Management System
|Onboard@Schulich Online Training Modules
||Library and eReserves
|Online Course Evaluations (ONCE)